15 March 2011

teeth

On Friday, I went to the dentist becuase I was having some tooth pain. I had a dental abscess-- ross! No wonder my tooth was hurting. My awesome dentist said that everyone else would remember that day as the day of the earthquake in Japan, but that I would remember it as the day I had my first root canal. I was SO grateful that he could fix my tooth right then and very appreciative of my sweet friend, Cori, who watched James and Abby for me. I don't think James would've been all that excited about watching mommy lay in the chair with all this stuff in her mouth with a loud drill going. I mean, he used to get pretty worked up about the noise of the vacuum. Now my tooth feels great! Yay for root canals! I learned some interesting things about teeth, like the fact that pulp chambers decrease in sze with age. Based on the size of the affected tooth's pulp chamber, my dentist estimated that my tooth had been dead (maybe as the result of trauma?), but hadn't had any decay for neary 20 YEARS and that it just hadn't caused any problems thus far. Crazy.

Abby has two teeth now and they are so cute.

James utilizes his mouthful of teeth regularly. This is an example of what he did to the oranges through the bag while we were still at the grocery store. He likes totry bananas this way, too, and seems disappointed when the peels don't taste good.

No comments:

Post a Comment